Alyssa's blog has What do we Talk About When We Talk About Love
Till we Have Faces
by C.S. Lewis
must get back to the basics
- related to nostalgia or loning for home
The Rock is our Communal Sacred Rock, and Stacey found it while walking with her dogs.
- philosophical phenomenon
- musical Plato "The Rock is the way to the ONE"
Check out Luke's blog!!!
- did assignment exactly and correctly
- when something is interesting tell who the speaker is, whose idea it belongs to
- background information
- talks about the links, between his thoughts and the text
- sets up a way for us to learn
- tells of the problem of reductionist version of the Symposium,.....you lose the musicality of the work
- the writer of comedy and tragedy are the same!
- must be skilled in both
- must know both parts to understand love
- everyone wants to believe everything is good, but we must develop a tragic outlook on life
- there is both happiness and sadness but we must understand it all
- must know the speaker
- fifth removed story
- stories within stories....ex: The Wife Of Bath in the Canterbury Tales
- Who is telling the truth pg 15