Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Synopsis

Finally the semester has drawn to a close, and of all the classes I am most sad to see this one end. It seems as though it has been a long time since my imagination has been so engaged in a class, making me excited to go to class every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The tales which we encountered were tales that I was familiar with, however, the way in which they were presented had me mulling them over long after the class that day was finished. Since taking this class I have begun to notice the world around me much more, I look at the things I love and try to love them with the intensity and simplicity of A Rock, A Tree, A Cloud. Each situation I encounter has me analyzing it for what I can learn from it, asking Why is this so familiar to me? Have I seen this before? All of this goes back to All that is Past Possesses the Present. One of my favorite pass times since hearing this phrase has been trying to convince my friends that this is true. Seeing the enlightenment on their face is a joy to me, once we establish that then we are able to move on to what we can learn from this, and hopfully solve all of the worlds problems. In addition NEVER have I encountered such an enthusiastic class and teacher. The combination of the both of them, drives me to do better, and be better within the scope of the class. I also want to experience everything that we read about (to an extent). I want to love like Cupid and Psyche, I want to play tricks like Hermes, Have the parental love of Demeter and Persephone, Cherish children as the Trojan women did, and love my country like Iphogenia. All of these things are so exciting, and I hope that I can experience them to some extent, even if it is for only a short time through the books we have read.
Basically. I would like to thank Dr. Sexton for sharing his enthusiasm for the Classical Literature with me, It has given me a greater outlook on life, and perhaps opened my eyes a little bit. I would also like to thank the class for sharing their many talents, it was an amazing experience to see everyones talents displayed in a vast array. So once again thank you, for the most enjoyable class of the semesnter.

No comments:

Post a Comment